• The meeting was lightly attended with 2 visitors and convened at 7:06 pm. Reading of the minutes and Treasurer's report followed.
• Ron Thomas was elevated to President due to Don Pape moving overseas and resigning.
• At a board meeting prior to the regular meeting Ray Sturch was appointed Vice President for 2018.
• After some discussion of the leadership changes, President Thomas presented his objectives for 2018 which included possibly merging members from the declining N. Baldwin club, having a full Field Day, and many others.
• For the record the revised 2018 officer list is below:
President: Ron Thomas
Vice Pres: Ray Sturch
Secretary: Joe McIntosh
Treasurer: Charlie Vasut
Director 1: Robert Frye
Director 2: Emery Wooten
• An audit committee was also appointed and plans were made for constructing a 2018 budget.
VEC Rich Lee reported that 3 new Tech Licenses were obtained during the November VE session.
It was a cold winter's night in South Alabama and attendance was less than average but we still managed a quorum and had an effective meeting. I think President Thomas is focused on growing the club and revving up club activities for 2018. Let's get behind him and keep SBARC a vibrant part of our area. As always, I encourage all to attend next month in person!
monthly by email and on the web at
copyright 2016 - South Baldwin Amateur Radio Club
P.O. Box 491 - Robertsdale, AL. 36567
Editor: Emery Wooten - KC5LIO