• The meeting convened at 7:00 pm. Reading of the minutes and Treasurer's report followed.
• Joe McIntosh gave an update on the club name change and 501C3 application. The name change is official. The rest is still in progress.
• President Thomas reported success at the Jamboree on the Air in Silverhill and thanked all who helped set up and work with the local scouts.
• Joel Emmett talked about Parks on the Air and noted there were several local areas that qualify. For more information on POTA visit: https://parksontheair.com/ and http://wwff.co
• Club elections were held for 2019 Officers. Changes include Rich Lee as Treasurer and Joel Emmett as Director. Since past President Lee is now Treasurer a new position on the board will be open and decided in January. This is an unusual situation not covered in the club bylaws.
• Ray Sturch provided details on the Christmas Party to be held Dec. 20th at the Lake Forrest Yacht Club. The price will be $15.95 plus tax and tip. Members and spouses should arrive around 3:00 PM. There will be a voluntary "White Elephant/Dirty Santa" style gift exchange. Those who want to participate should bring a gift valued at around $10.00. CLICK HERE to download the flyer.
VE coordinator Rich Lee reported a good testing session with 3 applicants passing the Tech exam with and one of those went on to pass the General exam. Another applicant earned his Extra class ticket! Rich thanked the 4 volunteer examiners which conducted to tests.
The Baldwin County Emergency Operation Center is conducting upcoming ICS and SkyWarn classes. I have placed three flyers provided by emergency coordinator Ray Sturch on the website in .pdf format. ICS300 ICS400 SkyWarn
We had a heavily attended late Autumn meeting and elected a nice slate of officers for 2019. Here's wishing all a safe, happy, and healthy holiday season!
monthly by email and on the web at
copyright 2018 - Baldwin County Amateur Radio Club
P.O. Box 491 - Robertsdale, AL. 36567
Editor: Emery Wooten - KC5LIO