• The meeting convened at 7:05 pm. Reading of the minutes and Treasurer's report followed.
• Joel Emmett presented the revised Constitution & Bylaws which were approved and are now posted on the website.
• President Thomas asked for volunteers to work the 2019 Preparedness Expo in Orange Beach on May 15th.
• President Thomas again reminded members of the importance of participating in the SET exercise om May 29th. There will be an organizational meeting April 26 at 1:30 pm.
• President Thomas encouraged members to participate in the Easter Special Event at Bicentennial Park in Stockton on April 14th from 1:00 to 7:00PM
• President Thomas discussed the club taking a more active project role in the Amateur Radio Emergency Data Network (AREDN). Some expenses and liabilities were discussed for hiring a tower climber to install AREDN nodes on the Power98 radio tower in Spanish Fort. It was decided to do more research and discuss ths more next month.
• Joe McIntosh discussed Field Day preparations. June 22 and 23 at Camp Silvercreek. Air Conditioned!
VE Coordinator Richard Lee reported giving 8 exams at the test session producing one new Generals and three new Technicians are in our midst. He thanked the VE team members who conducted the testing.
We had a well attended March meeting and got a lot accomplished. There are a lot of activities coming up this spring and I encourage all to participate in those that you can with the SET exercise probably being the most important. See you all next month.
monthly by email and on the web at
copyright 2019 - Baldwin County Amateur Radio Club
P.O. Box 491 - Robertsdale, AL. 36567
Editor: Emery Wooten - KC5LIO